Control the speed of a DC motor using a potentiometer or a 0-5V control voltage.
This controller features a silent PWM switching frequency for use in noise-sensitive applications.
It can also be used as a low voltage light dimmer for halogen lamps, or for controlling heaters and irons.
This controller operates in the same way as the SPD-2115B-E controller but due to the high frequency switching, there is no audible PWM noise.
The higher frequency also allows for smoother current in the motor and a higher system efficiency.
Automatic Soft-Start is available on P/N SPD-328-S. The Soft-Start option slowly ramps up power to reduce stress on power supplies and mechanical linkages.
- Silent PWM switching frequency for quiet operation
- Use a potentiometer or 0-5v signal for control
- Digital input filtering allows smooth control even with noisy inputs
- Logic Controller Enable input
- Low Impedance, Long Life filter capacitor for maximum reliability
- High efficiency MOSFET design and Heavy-Duty Heatsinks for cool operation
- 28 Amps continuous current
- 5.5 - 30 VDC operation
- 18 kHz switching frequency
- PWM Range: 0% - 100%
- Single direction (no reverse)
- Terminal blocks for signal and power connections
Datasheet (PDF) (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
When choosing a controller based on your input voltage requirements,
please note that a fully charged 12V nominal lead-acid battery can reach 14 volts.
Please check to ensure that the battery pack voltage does not ever exceed the absolute
maximum rated voltage of the motor controller.
For a comparison of motor control features, check out the parametric selection guide.
2.3 x 3.1 x 2.2 inches tall.