The ST-1 Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver allows you to drive a bipolar or unipolar stepper motor of up to 2.5 Amps per phase in full, half, quarter or eighth step increments. The opto-isolated STEP and DIRECTION inputs allow simple interfacing to computers and microcontrollers. The motor current is adjustable via the onboard potentiometer to match your motor. Use of PWM provides high torque even at higher step rates.
- Drives Bipolar and Unipolar Stepper Motors
- Microstepping: Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 step modes
- Adjustable Motor Current
- Inaudible High Frequency PWM Operation
- Opto-isolated STEP and DIR inputs
- Massive heatsink for cool operation
- Over-temperature protection
- Adjustable 0.25 to 2.5 Amps per phase
- 8-26 VDC operation
- Configurable Step Sizes: Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 step modes
- High Quality Rising-Clamp Terminal blocks for signal and power connections.
Datasheet (PDF) (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Keep wiring as short as possible, especially between the controller and the power supply.
When choosing a power supply based on output voltage,
please note that unregulated power supplies can produce much greater voltages than the voltage listed on its nameplate.
Use a voltmeter to check that the output voltage never exceeds the
absolute maximum rated voltage of the motor controller.
The following shows a sample hookup for a bipolar motor. Please see datasheet for unipolar motor hookup diagrams.
2.3 x 3.5 x 0.8 inches tall.