The RLC-230 is a second-generation constant current PWM controller designed for resistive (non-inductive) loads. The control input is via any 5k potentiometer or 0-5V control signal, and the resulting output is a variable 0-100% pulse-width modulated voltage.
The controller features two modes of operation:
- Current Limiting: the maximum allowable current is limited by the onboard trim potentiometer
- Constant Current: where the current level is controlled by the external pot, and the full scale range from 0 - 30 Amps is selected via the onboard trim pot.
Sophisticated algorithms ensure safe operation through automatic fault detection and onboard diagnostics, overload protection, over-temperature protection and reverse polarity protection.
- Use a 5k pot or 0-5V analog input signal for control
- Built-in power relay with option for external control
- Automatic Soft Start ramps up to full power when first powered up to decrease stress on power supplies.
- Two modes - current control and current limiting
- Over current protection
- Over temperature protection
- Over/Undervoltage protection
- Reverse polarity proteciton
- Automatic fault detection and diagnostics
- 5 low resistance MOSFETs for up to 99% efficiency
- Ultra-High efficiency design does not require heatsinks
- 30 Amps continuous current
- 12 V nominal (11-15 VDC) operation
- PWM Range: 0% - 100%
- 0.25 inch quick-connect terminals for power connections
- Terminal blocks for signal connections
Datasheet (PDF) (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
4.0 x 3.0 x 1.3 inches tall.