The BIDIR-340-DR is a fully solid-state motor controller that allows you to control the speed and
direction of a brushed DC motor using a potentiometer, a 0-5V voltage level, push buttons or logic
pulses. Logic DIR and BRAKE inputs control motor direction and full braking.
Regenerative Braking allows the motor to recharge the batteries when slowing down. This mode is intended for battery powered systems only.
For systems that cannot take a recharging current, please see BIDIR-340-D - without regenerative braking.
Configurable acceleration and regenerative braking current limits protect the controller and motor from overload conditions.
Configurable soft-start allows the motor to ramp up to full speed over time when starting and reversing to limit stress to mechanical linkages and
High efficiency circuit design runs cool while delivering up to 40 amps to the motor.
- Forward / Reverse Control
- Regenerative Braking
- Full Braking input
- 5k potentiometer or 0-5V control
- Push button speed control option
- Microcontroller input option
- Adjustable Soft-start
- Logic Enable input
- Automatic Current Limiting
- Over-temperature protection
- Potentiometer fault protection
- 40 Amps maximum continuous current
- 12 - 60 VDC operation
- PWM Range: 0% - 100%
- 18 kHz switching frequency
- Quick-connect terminals for power connections
- Terminal blocks for signal connections
Datasheet (PDF) (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
For a comparison of motor control features, check out the parametric selection guide.
3.0 x 4.5 x 2.0 inches tall.