The Critical Velocity AI-STEP XC is a powerful and versatile stepper motor position controller (indexer) capable of driving unipolar and bipolar stepper motors up to 3 amps per phase.
A full-featured menu-driven jog-dial interface allows stand-alone operation without a computer. In addition, a 100 position memory allows for quick recall of stored positions.
A serial interface allows computer or MCU control of the motor and AI-STEP configuration options.
The standard TTL STEP and DIRECTION interface allows for basic interaction while maintaining full control of maximum speed and acceleration of the motor.
- Stand-alone Manual Jog Dial Operation or
- Optoisolated RS-232 Serial, Inverted TTL Serial inputs for computer control or
- Optoisolated TTL STEP / DIRECTION inputs for logic circuit operation
- 100 position memory accessible via jog dial or serial interface
- Multiple power-up resume modes allow automatic return to previous position
Motor Drive Capabilities:
- 3 A, 6 - 28V output rating per phase
- 4-wire Bipolar or 5,6,8-wire Unipolar Motors
- Full Step, Half Step and Quarter Step (4X micro-stepping)
- Configurable Speed Limit
- Acceleration / Deceleration Ramps
- Maximum Step Rate: 10,000 steps/second
- Upper and Lower Limit switch inputs
- Motor Idle Power Save mode
- Motor OFF command
- Over-current protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Terminal blocks for power connections
- DB9 Serial Port for RS-232
- SIP Header for TTL signals and Limit Switches
Datasheet (PDF) (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Optical and other precision positioning systems, Automated Testing Systems, Robotics, Computer Numerical Control (CNC), Process Control, and more
3.0 x 4.0 x 1.0 inch tall excluding jog dial shaft.